Even though we have already had the winter solstice, for those of us in the thrust of winter, sometimes it seems that the early darkness won’t get shorter anytime soon. While wintertime can be long, especially January; the plus side is this is the season to get your Hygge on!
Maybe you will just get cozy and embrace all those favorite things that make snuggling up so fun to do.
Some simple and easy ways to get your Hygge on are:
- have a favorite warm drink
- put on some soothing or favorite music
- read a good book or more
- change up your environment with new scents
- changing your lighting can change your mood
- watch a favorite movie
- take a short nap with a cozy throw
- wear your favorite soft sweater, even if it is old
- enjoy a cozy fire or just enjoy some quiet time watching it snow
- make a favorite family dish
While Hygge can mean different things for each of us, it all involves enjoying the moment. What are those small things that make a day special for you? How long has it been since you have done your favorite? By changing up our routines and doing something we enjoy that is cozy and involves the senses, it can help make us less prone to affective seasonal disorder and depression. It can lift our outlook and attitude when we incorporate some time especially for those simple things we enjoy and that gives us little breaks in our day to look forward to. Even at the end of a very busy day, just something short and cozy can make it just right. So what are we waiting for… let’s get our Hygge on!
Thank you for visiting. ~ terre
Terre’s Blog – Women of All Seasons (c)2021